Made it to UCSF. Garrett’s best friend Andrew is here. Blood draw was a little rough, but fine. “Nurse Jabby” must has had a rough night.
The boys are nervous. Garrett had a nice bout of vomit in the middle of the night, but he’s fine and feeling good now.
Jerran’s nervous but couldn’t run it off this morning since he wouldn’t be able to drink water.
But he worked out his nervous energy by yelling out the window at random cars, “I’m sharing a spare today!”
Just waiting now. While you wait with us here are some of Jerran’s top questions for the transplant team:
- Can you make sure my surgeon doesn’t have the shakes or a lazy eye?
- Do I have to wear underwear when I walk down the hall in my paper gown?
- Can I get a selfie with my kidney?
- Will you clear the path between me and Garrett when you move the kidney, no extension cords running across that path, ok?
- Can you do a little lipo while you’re in there?
John Eshelman and Don Prewitt, waiting with us.
We’ll update throughout the day.
Thanks for all the texts and comments and calls and notes! You can’t imagine how much it means and helps to know so many are praying and sending good thoughts.